Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 142

Thread: Finally An Intelligent Article About Consolidation

  1. #131
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Finally An Intelligent Article About Consolida

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaneCook</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey spuds what school in Dayton did you go to? My best friend went to Lentrell (sp?) and graduated in 01 I think. </div></div>PM

  2. #132
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Finally An Intelligent Article About Consolida

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spuds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, it is the Dickenson County Board.</div></div>

    Quick lesson Spuds...Coeburn, where I'm from, is in Wise County. I've spent most of my waking life in Wise County, and only in the past few years have I ventured into Dickenson much, mainly due to that being the_alienist's place of residence. So if this is a Dickenson County board, I'm in the wrong place.

    I wasn't gonna ban anyone over that comment man. I'm pretty sure neither was any other mod on here (including steer or retiredteach). It was tongue-in-cheek innuendo, nothing more, nothing less.

    Now had something graphic been said after that, then I could see banning someone. As it stopped though at that one point in this thread, it was really harmless in my eyes. Sometimes you gotta laugh on here to keep from crying, and little jokes like that aren't going to kill us. Lighten up a little why don't ya? </div></div> It is like the corn-spar-see theory thing. I was right about the fact that the county had wanted to close Appy from 92 and wouldn't come clean to start. It would have been much easier to have just admitted the truth back then and worked forward. Still have one board member that used to say, "My husband says the price of steel has gone up and the price of labor has gone up and the price of pipe has gone up... but we need to sink x dollars in these schools first." You will never get anywhere with that kind of leadership. Like I said before, I get one vote and one voice. The American way...sorta like Bush's swift boat vets.

  3. #133
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally An Intelligent Article About Consolida

    Its amazing how all these people say things and they are never true, but dang if someone tells you anything bad about consolidation, it becomes the gospel and you preach it to the high heavens, eh?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #134
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Finally An Intelligent Article About Consolida

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R0cketer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its amazing how all these people say things and they are never true, but dang if someone tells you anything bad about consolidation, it becomes the gospel and you preach it to the high heavens, eh?

    </div></div>What did I call'em on- the bids? The bids came in at 3/4 didn't they? Basham's grand plan was to close 3 schools wasn't it ? They can say what they like but the inconsistent things stick out like a sore thumb. That is what I do, look for the "out of place, the thing that doesn't belong". One of you preachers better git down and git the big sign about dual enrollment down, just outside Appy. Wouldn't want anybody driving to the college while they are in high school. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]Might be an un-equal chance to learn. Hey, you get a vote. Your points are almost as good as mine. Go for it, I care, but not to the point where I'm gonna be 10 minuets late getting to sleep. When somebody shows me better, I'll get right up on the wagon- it is just you don't like the fact I don't agree with you. And I like to argue.

  5. #135
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally An Intelligent Article About Consolida

    So one bid comes in and you suddenly think everything else is going to be 3/4? Come on now. Even you liking to argue don't really believe that.

    Ok deep breath, Basham is gone, Basham isn't there. I don't think a person alive ever said that Basham's hail mary to the endzone on the first play of the game was a good strategy (outside of him probably).

    And nope, its done been proven that if someone shows you something, it won't matter, just like going by what you said, you like to argue.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  6. #136
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Finally An Intelligent Article About Consolida

    And your point is what? Good Night.

  7. #137
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally An Intelligent Article About Consolida

    Oh, the shallow arguments of some...makes consolidation seem all the more attractive, doesn't it?

  8. #138
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally An Intelligent Article About Consolida

    not particularly [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  9. #139
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Finally An Intelligent Article About Consolida

    Supervisors hear the budget request for 7/8. Cornfield ,5/8. The capitol outlay budget contains 7.3 million of un-needed gyms for Coeburn Middle and PVPS, that is if we are gonna consolidate. If we can't fix all the schools, I can't see how we can build gyms next to schools that are about to be abandoned. Course the money doesn't come from ths BOS or SB, so what do they care?

  10. #140
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally An Intelligent Article About Consolida

    Well considering the gyms you mention are Coeburn Middle and PVPS, and the possible consolidation issues are high schools, where do you get they are going to be abandoned?

    Everything I've heard/read implies no change to anything but high schools.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •